Saturday, June 15, 2013

Colosseum!

The Romans were known for a lot of things, but in my opinion, one of their greatest achievements was the Colosseum. This building was such a place of greatness and splendor. When we were walking around, I was just looking around thinking about all that happened here. It will always amaze me to be in a historic place that is almost 2000 years old, and think about who all were there, how they reacted and what their lives were like back then. We got there and I was completely in awe of this building that was still standing and just wanted to stay for as long as possible. I wish I could have sat down and just stared at this beautiful piece of architecture and think. However I could not. I traveled with a group of people and we always liked to stick together. At this point, none of us were extremely comfortable with being alone in the city. So when one of us wanted to leave, we all had to leave so no one was by themselves.

One of my friends decided that the Colosseum was extremely boring, so she wanted to leave. Being so awe inspired by the whole thing, I was a little adamant about leaving so abruptly. This girl who wanted to leave was very against the whole trip in my opinion. She hated going places, always complained about not having wifi and I could tell she was not super into the trip. She didn't like exploring. I felt that's why she wanted to leave. I knew she wasn't enjoying herself unless she was back at the convent. Her personality was the exact opposite of mine. I loved exploring, and her wanting to go back was such a damper on my mood. I wish we were able to explore more, but sometimes we have to please others before we please ourselves. This experience made me realize that sometimes we need to explore by ourselves so we can fully experience the city.





No comments:

Post a Comment