Sunday, June 16, 2013

Two Down, Two to Go

Halfway point! Don't know how it has gone by so fast already, we just have to cherish every moment.

Positive: This Wednesday we had our Vatican Day. We started in the morning with the Pope's mass and then took a tour with Liz Lev. As previously mentioned, this was one of my favorite days here! Some of us may have seen things differently, it was such an eye opening and awe inspiring experience. This day was one of my favorites because I felt like such a distinguished person. There are only a small amount of people throughout the entire world that were lucky enough to see Pope Francis speak at his Wednesday masses; I am one of those lucky people. To me, that moment made me feel like I was finally part of something bigger than myself. Honestly, this may sound extremely cliche, but in that moment at the mass, I felt most connected to God.

Negative: This weekend, we took an optional trip to Florence and were in charge of obtaining our own hotel accommodations. Again, as previously mentioned, it was just an overall bad experience. We were all on edge, frustrated and just wanted the situation to be over. From this experience, I learned that I need to learn some more Italian and have better communication skills. Also, I tend to be the one who always stays calm and collected in certain situations, and for the most part I feel as if I was for this situation. I realized that this quality of mine is essential! I wouldn't have been able to handle the situation the same way if I had a temper or wasn't patient and understanding.













No comments:

Post a Comment