Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Final Bittersweet Stretch

Ah the last week... such bittersweet.

Positive: Michel was gracious enough to let us have a dinner and wine party at his house the Wednesday before we left. Firstly, he has never done this before for any of the other semesters, and secondly, he was more than gracious to have us in his home. It was the sweetest house that was in all essences Michael. He had the whole thing catered and I felt instantly at home, which was quite a humbling experience. We were all able to bond as a group and even played Singstar for at least an hour. Just being around all of these new people that I did not know a month ago, and now being able to call them my friends is a great feeling in my heart. It proves that I am a personable person who is easy to get along with an outgoing personality. Sometimes I seem to forget this and it is really nice to have other people trust me so easily, and open up to me so easily. Its a reaffirmation that I am a good person and more importantly a good friend.

Negative: As cliche as it may sound, the worst experience of this week was leaving Italy. That is honestly the only bad thing about this week. This last week in Italy was one of my favorite, because we were able to do whatever we want. Since it was our last week, I was able to revisit all of my favorite places including churches and monuments and I was so awe inspired by them. It was the perfect end to a perfect month. Traveling was quite painful, but that is nothing compared to leaving such an incredible place that has changed my life so greatly in such a short amount of time. I feel as if I am such a different person. I think about things differently and I have a more relaxed and lackadaisical approach to life. italians believe that we need to live every minute as much as you can, but also enjoy what you are doing. The Italians do whatever they want and are very proud of that outlook on life. I would love to be able to encompass that idea of confidence and outgoing demeanor into my own character. I have learned about ancient pieces of art, I have learned about the Christian religion, but despite all of the book smart I have acquired, I have learned so much more about myself. And for that, I will forever be grateful for my expereince in Rome. I wish I could have made Roma My New Homa for more than a month, but that just gives me more reason to come back later in my life. And as they always say, all roads lead to Rome.


















Arrivederci.

No comments:

Post a Comment