Sunday, June 16, 2013

Three Down, One to Go

This entire month is going by way too quickly! I want to stay for another two months like a regular semester, because I feel as if I'll miss everything! But this week we did a lot of new and exciting things.

Positive: Liz Lev is such a knowledgable person in so many different aspects. She was actually the host for our wine tasting, which was quite unexpected! She seemed to know so many finite details about endless paintings, I feel like she would at least know something about wine. I was pleasantly surprised! The setting emitted a great ambiance and we were all excited for the wine. Her good friend, who I believe was also a professor, was our self proclaimed wine connoisseur. He was fabulous and made some of us come up to the stage and give our ideas about how the wine tasted. This experience was so different than anything I would have ever experience in America. Maybe it's because I am not of legal drinking age yet, but drinking here in America is so different! Americans drink to get drunk and not remember, while Italians are so used to have them with meals, they savor all the different flavors. It basically comes down to savoring a drink and chugging one to get the alcohol in your system. I loved being on the savoring side of that distinction. I adored seeing that other side of it, and hope to start my own wine collection when I am older.

Negative: Later this week, we took our Southern excursion. We were in Sorrento and then took a ferry ride over to the island of Capri. This normally takes about 20 minutes and this time it took over an hour. Normally I do not get sea sick or car sick, and of course this time I almost get sick. The water was so choppy and rocking back and forth. The motion was unreal and unlike anything I've experienced before. Everyone around me was physically getting sick, which did not help one bit! I had to go down to the bottom deck just to get away from the people constantly throwing up. This was the worst experience of my trip so far, because I have never dealt with anything like that before. My mom is a nurse so she usually tells me what to do whenever I'm sick, and since this has never happened to me before, it was also interesting to try and figure out everything for myself.














No comments:

Post a Comment